Saturday 13 August 2011

Good bye to Ellie and Ed and last day for Marta

Well, Ellie (@EleanorRoseMary) and Ed (@Billy no mates) left yesterday from Castle Cary station to go home. Ed to go to work this morning and Ellie to go to a party last night!

By way of a thank you present, they bought me a little book from Clarks Village entitled ' The little book of ESSENTIAL FOREIGN INSULTS" by Emma Burgess. Its very funny and entertaining, although it won't be going on the coffee table. The lovely yellow Freesias are though, thanks guys!

English lesson

Needn't have
Use needn't have when you did something but realised later that it wasn't necessary.

Ellie and Ed needn't have bought me the flowers because it was my pleasure to see them.


I needn't have cooked the spaghetti, as they had already eaten.

Didn't need to
Use didn't need to to explain that you didn't do something because it wasn't necessary.

I didn't need to buy any flowers, as I already have some. 


I didn't need to cook spaghetti, as they told me they had already eaten.

Today is Marta's (@martaguilera) last whole day, so, after a late-ish breakfast and 2 hours of English lessons, we are going to visit Stonehenge








No comments:

Post a Comment