Tuesday 13 August 2013

English Lessons in an English Garden ( 1:1 English Course)

Today Beatriz had a English lesson on prepositions.

Many students struggle with all the prepositions we have in the English language. 

English lessons are fun when they are held outside, in the garden, on a sunny day. And its a perfect place to practice using prepositions.



Time Prepositions

At 2 o'clock

At 3.30

At midnight

I start work at 2 o'clock

The swimming pool opens at 3.30




On Sunday (s) / Tuesday (s) etc

On 18 August / 22 December

On Christmas Day / New Years Day etc

I'll see you on Sunday.

On Christmas day we eat turkey.


In  April / June

In 2003 / 1968 etc

In summer / In spring etc

I'm going on holiday in August

Emma was born in 1987

My garden is beautiful in Summer


We say

at the weekend

at night

at Christmas / Easter

at the end of ......

at the moment

I am going to London at the weekend

Beatriz is reading at the moment



We say

In the morning /in the afternoon / in the evening

Do you often feel happy in the morning?

But

On Monday morning / on Tuesday evening /  on Saturday afternoon / on Sunday night

I go swimming on Saturday afternoon.


We do not use at / on / in before

this ( this morning / this week)

last ( last August / last week)

next ( next Tuesday / next week)

every ( every day / every week)


We say 

In five minutes

In a few days

In six weeks

In two years





                                       I hope you have enjoyed my English Country Garden

If you would like to learn English with me in my home, have a 1:1 immersion  English course and improve by a whole level in just 2 weeks with just 20 hours of lessons a week please contact me.

Carol Smith at              http://study-english-one-to-one-in-england.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment